Home Comfort Pop Quiz
- Do you hear your system "kick on"?
- When it does, do you feel a blast of air?
- Does the fan noise drown out your voice during a phone call?
- Does the temperature in your home go up and down like a roller coaster?
- Does your home feel damp inside?
- Do your cooling bills make you break out in a sweat?
If you answered "yes" to at least two of these questions, then you should investigate a Trane variable speed air handler.
Why? Because it offers your family a superior level of comfort. Once you've experienced it, you'll wonder how you lived without it for so long.
So what's the difference? Inside your air handler is an electric motor that drives the indoor blower. In most standard systems, it runs at only one speed - full capacity - and is either on or off. Trane's variable speed motor, however, is smarter than that. It automatically varies its speed based on your home's heating and cooling requirements. It ramps up to maximum speed slowly, instead of coming on at full capacity all at once. This means there's no sudden blast of air - just a gentler, more even airflow. And because it runs at a lower speed most of the time, there's less noise.