Take charge of rising utility bills!
Don’t let dirty or inefficient equipment steal your money month after month. Prevention is essential for protecting your investment. According to studies conducted by the Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service and Gulf States Utility Company, you can save up to $30 a month on your utility bill by making sure that your air conditioning system is cleaned and serviced regularly.
- Some air conditioning and heating problems can double operating costs without reducing comfort.
- Up to 80% of all air conditioning and heat pump compressor failures could be eliminated if the problems that lead to the failure were corrected in a timely manner.
- A freon (refrigerant) undercharge of only 10% can increase operating costs by almost 20%.
- Freon (refrigerant) should never need to be replaced. If it must be added every year, there is an expensive leak that should be repaired.
- A dirty evaporator, condenser and blower could increase air conditioning or heat pump electrical usage by 50% or more.
- Depending on the current condition of your equipment, maintenance service may pay for itself several times over in energy savings alone.